zaterdag, juni 04, 2005

The unbearable lighness of the human concept

The following post is actually inspired by a post on a good friend's blog. It got me thinking.

Maybe this will sound stupid but something that's always pegged my mind, was the end scene of MIB, where I found the visual interpretation and impact of previously understated utterings; that not everything important needs to have the size to match per se; to be very interesting. That our galaxy actually COULD be within a marble that makes out to be the playing toys of something our minds can not conceive or comprehend, that just blows my mind.

And so yet again, the limitations of the human brain and concepts become painfully clear.

But isn't it great that such blunt messages that end up having much more of a subliminal effect that one would assume, can be contained within a movie that is so totally commercial ?

I find it worth more than just one thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yptucide said...

Funny, I've thought about that scene a lot. I completely feel the same way...
I think we should realize that we, as an individual, as a race, as species, aren't the center of the universe, or the world, or our society, or even our own daily lives. Change the perspective (zoom in/out, left/right pan) and the picture looks completely different. Realizing this ultimately leads to tolerance and open-mindedness. Let's try and make that happen in real life.

05:00  

Een reactie posten

<< Home